BERLIN — German news agency dpa is reporting that illusionist Siegfried Fischbacher, the surviving member of the duo Siegfried & Roy, has died in Las Vegas at age 81.
The news agency said Thursday that Fischbacher’s sister, a nun who lives in Munich, confirmed his death of cancer.
Sister Dolore said that spoke with her brother on the phone before he died and they prayed together.
Fischbacher’s long-time show business partner, Roy Horn, died in May of complications from COVID-19 at a Las Vegas hospital.
The duo astonished millions with their extraordinary magic tricks until Horn was critically injured in 2003 by one of the act’s famed white tigers.
- Dr. Maya Angelou honored with a Barbie doll
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Memphis man accused of shooting girlfriend 13 times in front of children
- Quick-thinking waitress used sign to save boy from allegedly abusive parents, Florida police say
- Tennessee lawmakers poised to OK Medicaid block grant push