JACKSON, Miss. — President Donald Trump has declared an emergency exists in Mississippi and ordered federal assistance be expedited to aid state, local and tribal efforts to recover from Hurricane Zeta.
The president authorized the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency to coordinate all disaster relief efforts in the state and provide help to save lives and protect property.
A statement on the declaration said the steps were ordered for several Mississippi counties. It said FEMA is authorized to identify, mobilize, and provide equipment and resources to deal with the emergency caused by Zeta’s passage.
- Arkansas man accused of shooting and killing his uncle
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Cowboys assistant Markus Paul dies day after medical event
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota
- Arkansas teen gets over 200 license plates after grandmother’s Facebook post goes viral