PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A driver was assaulted by protesters after crashing his truck in Portland during the 80th consecutive night of demonstrations in the city.
Shortly before 10:30 p.m., a pickup truck was found on the sidewalk as officers surrounded the area. Police said protesters were chasing the truck before it crashed, and they assaulted the driver afterward.
The driver suffered serious injuries and was rushed to a hospital. Video circulating on social media shows people kicking and hitting the man while he was on the ground.
Witnesses told KOIN the driver of the truck was attempting to run protesters over. However, in one of the clips posted online, the driver tells the protesters, ““I was trying to get out the way.”
Police are investigating the incident further.
Despite the assault, no arrests were made overnight.
- Police: middle school students caught with guns on campus
- Memphis Police: Pedestrian struck and killed on Interstate 40 near Germantown Road
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- ‘I’m grateful to be here today,’ Knoxville pastor says after battling COVID-19
- Man accused of raping 11-year-old arrested after leaving pregnant victim at ER, sheriff’s office says