MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police say a woman was found shot to death at a Motel 6 in Whitehaven Sunday morning.
Police responded to the Motel 6 on East Brooks Road near Fontaine Road at 2:19 a.m. Sunday. Memphis Police say the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
WREG-TV spoke with several guests off camera. One man told WREG-TV he stopped here overnight trying to get rest on his way to St. Louis. But he was awakened by the sound of sirens.
Another guest, who said he lives at the motel and described seeing the victim’s lifeless body, moments before emergency crews arrived. He went on to say this was something he will not soon forget.
Unfortunately murders in Memphis have hit a record high this year, leaving those like Matthew Dowell constantly praying for the violence to stop.
“We need to turn from our wicked ways and then honor ourselves,” Dowell said. “Then God will hear from us, and then he will heal the land.”
At this time, there is no word on what may have led to this shooting or who may be responsible. Police say no suspect information is available.
- Two of the Cardinals top prospects leave Redbirds to make Major League debuts
- Chandler impresses at NBA Combine
- ‘I’m going to have to get another job’: Gas prices could soar above $6
- Aldi closes one Memphis location due to crime
- Possible monkeypox case reported in New York City, health department says