MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis homicide investigators are looking for answers after a woman with no clothes was discovered dead on Lamar Avenue early Thursday morning.
Authorities said they received a call of a person down in the 3800 block of Lamar Avenue. When they arrived, they found the woman in the middle of Lamar. The victim was pronounced dead on the scene.
Later Thursday afternoon, Memphis Police said she had been shot.
A witness told police he saw the woman cross Lamar and then collapse.
“I’m traumatized,” he said.
Tony Angello was among those who had to drive around the crime scene to get to work.
“To see this in the middle of the street is not pretty.”
“I think they said they she had a phone and room card in room, so she was trying to come back.”
Roshelle Bowers told WREG’s Melissa Moon the woman had been living at the Inland Suites for about a month. She also had heard that the woman had been stabbed in the neck.
If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Police: middle school students caught with guns on campus
- Memphis Police: Pedestrian struck and killed on Interstate 40 near Germantown Road
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- ‘I’m grateful to be here today,’ Knoxville pastor says after battling COVID-19
- Man accused of raping 11-year-old arrested after leaving pregnant victim at ER, sheriff’s office says