Two Illinois men arrested in Mississippi teenager’s disappearance


Juan Andrade and Jason St. Aubin

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

OLIVE BRANCH, Miss. — Olive Branch authorities say two men from Illinois have been arrested in the recent disappearance of an Olive Branch teenager.

Juan E. Andrade, 30, and Jason St. Aubin, 29, both of the same address in Creal Springs, Illinois, will be extradited to Mississippi to face charges in the next few days, police said.

Both subjects received a bond of $555,555 for a charge of kidnapping and $55,555 for a charge of conspiracy.

John Aubrey Peal III, age 14, was found safe in Illinois on Sunday after he was reported missing Aug. 1. He has since returned home.

His father, John Aubrey Peal II, says the two men manipulated his son.

"I seen the devil when I saw their pictures," he said.

The father says the suspects drove from Illinois to his Olive Branch home and picked up the 14-year-old. They then took him back to Illinois.

His family said he'd been chatting with people on an app while playing video games the night before he disappeared.

"Over those months he believed that he was saving them from suicide. He gave them advice on how to not kill themselves. They told him they wanted to kill themselves," Peal III said. "He did not leave this house for no reason. He thought he was saving lives."

The father says the suspects eventually took his son to a fire station after seeing stories about the disappearance online.

"The captors decided they needed to get rid of him."

Peal III doesn't think his son was physically hurt, but hasn't asked him much about what happened while he was away.

"Right now, I'm bonding with my son."

Williamson County Sheriff Bennie Vick said the teen went to Lake of Egypt Fire Department on Lake of Egypt Road and asked firefighters to contact "proper authorities."

The sheriff confirmed one of the suspects was with him, St. Aubin.

The 14-year-old was immediately taken into protective custody, and he was reunited with his family later that day.

We've learned St. Aubin has been in jail before. We're working to learn the charge.

Peal III has this warning to parents.

"What I want other parents to know is it's not always something you can see. These two men used technology that was beyond what I knew was out there to convince my son to leave."

Latest News

More News