MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Police say a Memphis man who fired shots while trying to start trouble with his ex-girlfriend was hit by a Cadillac driven by the woman’s new boyfriend.
Larry Daniels, 49, is charged with two counts of domestic assault in the incident at the Goodwill Apartment on Tuesday. He was also badly injured, suffering a head wound.
Police said Daniels came looking for trouble. Detectives says as his ex-girlfriend was getting into her new boyfriend’s car, Daniels tried pulling her out.
When that didn’t work, investigators said he then fired several shots at the car.
The driver of the vehicle said he hit Daniels after putting his car in reverse to speed off. The urgency left behind skid marks and there was even broken pieces of the brake light left on the scene.
The driver told police he wasn’t trying to hurt Daniels, but was just desperate to get away.
Daniels’ bond was set at $10,000.
- DeSoto County NAACP wants animal shelter director fired for post suggesting protesters be shot
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- New stadium opens at Clarksdale High School
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87
- Local teachers say they’re frustrated with virtual classes