MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A violent night in Memphis as police responded to at least half a dozen shootings all within a matter of hours.
“I wanted to see him. I wanted to see him when they bring him out, but I can’t take it so I’m fixing to go.”
Jeanell Hodges was talking about her son’s father who was killed inside a home in the 800 block of Crockett. Friends said the victim lived across the street at his grandmother’s house and they don’t know why he was at the other home or what happened.
Hodges said she also came to the scene looking for her adult son.
“I got to be there. I’m here for him. He’s not doing well right now,” she said.
Wednesday morning investigators were trying to get a search warrant to go inside the home. It’s an address that is reportedly familiar to police, having been the scene of another shooting just last month.
Last year, officers responded to at least two separate shootings on the same block. One of them turned out to be deadly.
Police said they have not made any arrests in the latest shooting, but said the victim may have known his killer.
Overnight first responders were also called to Davis Street and found two victims suffering from gunshot wounds. They were rushed the hospital in serious condition.
Before 5 a.m. dispatch received at least four additional calls for help after shots were fired. They happened in the 1700 block of Gowan Drive, 1200 block of North Hollywood Street, 1400 block of Old Hickory Road at Graceland Drive and the 3800 block of Elvis Presley.
Police have not released any information on the other incidents at this time. If you know anything, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- WATCH: Mississippi governor addresses coronavirus response
- White House releases statement on weekend house party in East Nashville
- A 8-year-old South Carolina boy is mowing lawns for busy first responders, single moms and feeding the hungry
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: Governor Hutchinson, state officials to give update on COVID-19 response
- From behind nursing home window, Colorado woman meets grandson she never knew