TUPELO, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi say a woman attempted to steal an ambulance and charged a paramedic with a machete.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the suspect began driving the ambulance Saturday night in Tupelo as medics were attending to a patient near the vehicle.
A paramedic was able to reach into the ambulance and turn off the engine, stopping the woman from driving it.
Tupelo police say she then exited the vehicle and charged a medic with a machete.
Police say the woman ran away but was caught by authorities a short time later.
Officials didn’t immediately identify the woman but say she faces misdemeanor charges.
- Midtown haunted house opens with health rules in place
- Memphis lawmaker seeks to ban no-knock warrants statewide
- Shelby County Election Commission tests new smartphone program to help voters avoid long lines
- Woman shot in Whitehaven; two suspects on the run
- Shelby County Sheriff calls use of new ‘e-shields’ a ‘regrettable mistake’