MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police say a man was found dead in Whitehaven Sunday afternoon.
Initially, Memphis Police reported that they arrived to a home in the 100 block of Lawndale Drive near Neely Road for a shooting called.
MPD said officers found a gunshot victim inside of the home. He was pronounced dead on the scene and tweeted the following information.
Now, Memphis Police are saying that is not the case. In fact, they said there is no foul play and the victim was not shot at all.
- When it comes to your ballot, will the post office deliver? We put it to the test
- Health officials: Rural counties contributing to Shelby County’s COVID hospitalizations
- Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves expands mask mandate and calls out DeSoto County for poor safety
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized