MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police say a man was found dead in Whitehaven Sunday afternoon.
Initially, Memphis Police reported that they arrived to a home in the 100 block of Lawndale Drive near Neely Road for a shooting called.
MPD said officers found a gunshot victim inside of the home. He was pronounced dead on the scene and tweeted the following information.
Now, Memphis Police are saying that is not the case. In fact, they said there is no foul play and the victim was not shot at all.
- Tennessee legislation would stop executions of intellectually disabled
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says
- Ghislaine Maxwell wants trial delay, blames prosecutors
- US expels Russian diplomats, imposes sanctions for hacking
- 8 dead in mass shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility