MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Police arrested a man they say tried to rape a woman near the University of Memphis earlier this month.
Pshawn Oliver, 28, was arrested on Tuesday on aggravated kidnapping, attempted aggravated rape and attempted aggravated robbery charges.
Authorities said they believe Oliver is the man who forced a woman into her apartment on Spottswood on Sept. 6. Oliver tried to sexually assault the victim, knocked out some of her teeth and injured her jaw.
- Governor Bill Lee says he plans to address 3rd grade reading and math issues within weeks
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Shelby County officials announce new development in South Memphis to address infrastructure
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?
- Memphis activists say man pointed gun at them during march for Breonna Taylor