MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Neighbors along Jenson Road in the Walker Homes community woke up Friday morning to find officers responding to a barricade situation in their Southwest Memphis neighborhood.
Authorities were called to the corner of Ford and Jenson early around 1 a.m. after a woman reported that she and her kids were threatened by her boyfriend with a gun. The boyfriend was somehow stabbed in the shoulder, but they didn’t say who carried out the attack.
When first responders arrived the man stabbed refused to come out of the home. Instead, he barricaded himself inside for more than five hours. He was eventually taken into custody.
Several neighbors told WREG there is more to the story. Off camera they said this was not the first time officers have been called to the home.
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Bar owner excited to reopen after being shut down for six months
- Election commission votes against FedExForum as early voting site
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- 3 people shot late Tuesday; Memphis Police say no suspect information is known at this time