MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A mother of five was shot and killed overnight in South Memphis in what her family says was a case of domestic violence.
Officers were called to the 2000 block of Prospect near Dunn around 1:45 a.m. Tuesday for a shooting. When they arrived, they found Shaneka Harvell, 33, had been shot multiple times and killed.
WREG’s Melissa Moon spoke with the Harvell’s family who said the woman was alone with her kids when an ex-boyfriend got in through a bathroom window.
“Pried it open and came on through the house,” said Willie Morgan.
Harvell was shot and killed with her children ages five to 11 nearby. In fact, it was her young children who called family members and told them what happened.
“Let them know their momma had been shot and one of the little boys said that she was dead.”
Authorities confirmed Harvell was shot multiple times, but aren’t saying who they’re looking for.
Loved ones told WREG she recently left her boyfriend and the father of her children, and moved in with her mother.
“All we can do is pray and let God take care of the truth,” said Morgan.
If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Package with $495,000 worth of fake championship rings intercepted in Indianapolis
- Governor Hutchinson announces Arkansas children ages 12 to 15 can receive COVID-19 vaccinations
- Boy, 14, charged with murdering 13-year-old girl accused of snapping disturbing selfie after her death
- Motorcyclist killed following crash in Nutbush
- JCPD: Tennesse man arrested after allegedly depositing forged copy of $33K check he’d already deposited