MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man was rushed to the hospital following a shooting in Raleigh.
First responders were called to the 3000 block of Spring Valley Cove overnight after a shooting victim showed up at someone’s door. He then went to a neighbor’s house asking for help.
When help arrived, the man was located in a front yard and rushed to the Regional Medical Center for treatment. It appears he was shot somewhere near Spring Valley Cove and Valley Stream Drive.
Back in October a woman named Margret Gaddy was gunned down in the same cove in the middle of the afternoon. The suspect has not been caught but her family blamed it on gang violence.
“A couple of months ago my house was shot.”
One man who didn’t want to be identified said his house has been hit by random gunfire twice over the last several months and he doesn’t feel safe here.
“We hear shootings all the time here. We call police. They say they are going to send a patrol around and we never really see patrols around here.”
He believed most of the trouble makers are coming from other parts of the neighborhood.
In the latest case, authorities do not have a suspect. If you know anything, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Young investors giving back to help struggling MLGW customers keep lights on
- Investigation ongoing into ‘mass shooting’ at biker club in Grenada
- Costco Cyber Monday: Here are the best deals for 2020
- Health officials say people should get tested if they traveled for Thanksgiving
- Mississippi reaches new record for COVID-19 hospitalizations