HELENA -WEST HELENA, Ark. — A homicide investigation is underway after a 73-year-old woman was found dead inside her Arkansas home.
Family identified the woman as Genoria Mosby. Arkansas State Police later confirmed that name.
According to police, an anonymous tip led police to the body outside a house on South 5th Street just after 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- BPI is Now Hiring Warehouse Associates for their Memphis location
- As death rate slows, US exceeds 600,000 COVID-19 fatalities
- More than 120 homes damaged by flooding last week in Mississippi
- Tennessee toddler left in car seat dies from starvation, dehydration
- 2nd Gentleman Doug Emhoff to visit Memphis to push vaccination effort
Police confirmed the woman was shot and they are investigating the case as a homicide. They were not able to release the victim’s name or any suspect information.
“It appears it’s an apparent ‘targeting’ of this individual or someone that may reside with this victim,” said Police Chief James Smith.
A neighbor said he heard four or five shots overnight.