MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police said a woman and a teen were shot while sitting in a McDonald’s drive-thru Sunday.
Police responded to a shooting at the McDonald’s at 3120 South Third Street just after midnight on Sunday morning. One woman who saw the aftermath said the scene was chaotic.
“It was taped off all the way around, all the way around. They were full of cops up here,” Deborah Brown said.
A man who lives in the area, Luther King Jr., said everywhere you turn there are reminders when crime crosses over into their community, potentially causing a ripple effect.
“It hurts the community, and not only does it help the community,” King Jr. said. “It hurts our values. Nobody wants to come out here, that’s why we’re losing everything.”
Police say a woman and a 16-year-old boy were found. The woman was taken to the hospital in critical condition, while the teen went to the hospital in non-critical condition.
Memphis Police say the suspect got out of a silver Infiniti and started shooting at the victims while they sat in the drive-thru. At this time, there’s no word on what may have led up to the shooting.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH.
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Senate votes to advance Amy Coney Barrett; confirmation expected Monday
- Police: Woman found shot to death at Whitehaven Motel 6
- Memphis Police investigating shooting in South Memphis
- The Latest: Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus