HARRISON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Hurricane Zeta made landfall in Cocodrie, Louisiana, on Wednesday as a Category 2 storm with winds up to 110 miles per hour. At this time, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is reporting one fatality and multiple injuries in Harrison County.
Damage assessments will begin Thursday morning. Multiple counties are reporting debris on roads, downed power lines and damage to multiple homes.
- Most TN lawmakers want a say about a future governor’s emergency powers
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Penny Hardaway with some tough love for his Tigers heading into home opener against Arkansas State
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- Visitation suspended at 4 TDOC facilities due to rise in COVID-19 numbers in community