MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A pedestrian was reportedly hit and killed on I-40 near Sycamore View.
Memphis Police say the pedestrian was struck by an 18-wheeler while trying to evade officers who had pulled him over. Officers reportedly stopped him because he was in a car that matched the description of one that had been involved in a shoplifting.
Police say the passenger in the car moved into the driver’s seat and fled the scene.
The accident caused traffic heading eastbound along I-40 to come to a halt as first responders worked the scene.
This is a developing story.
- Bear spends an hour trapped inside car with a case of beer
- Navy and FBI giving U.S. House committee classified UFO briefing today
- Jada Pinkett Smith reveals original handwritten Tupac poem on his 50th birthday
- Vols baseball’s biggest little fan shares excitement as he heads to Omaha
- World’s Strongest Man competition heats up in California’s triple-digit temperatures