MEMPHIS, Tenn. — One person is dead following a car accident in Frayser overnight.
Authorities said someone died after being hit by a car near the corner of Highway 51 and Millington Road early Friday morning.
Witness accounts indicated the 62-year-old man was staggering in traffic and cars were having to swerve to avoid hitting him.
The driver did stop and stayed on the scene until police arrived.
- Area football teams return to practice. Some but not all in Memphis.
- Lawmakers urge studies on how trauma, post-traumatic stress impacts police officers’ use of force
- Grizzlies’ Clarke motivated for strong finish to season
- Coronavirus: Hamilton County issues mask mandate
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms says she tested positive for coronavirus