OXFORD, Miss. — Oxford Mayor Robyn Tannehill has been named to the state’s Commission to Redesign the Mississippi State Flag.
Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn announced his appointments on Wednesday, WJTV reported. Tannehill joins Dr. Mary Graham of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and TJ Taylor on the committee.
Several more appointees will be named by Governor Tate Reeves and Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann.
The commission will be tasked with redesigning the state flag. Voters will have a chance to vote on their favorite design come November.
The appointment announcement came the same day Tennehill announced she had tested positive for COVID-19.
- When it comes to your ballot, will the post office deliver? We put it to the test
- Health officials: Rural counties contributing to Shelby County’s COVID hospitalizations
- Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves expands mask mandate and calls out DeSoto County for poor safety
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized