HORN LAKE, Miss. — Mississippi police are searching for the person responsible for a recent shooting that sent one person to the hospital.
According to Lt. Det. Benjamin Swan with the Horn Lake Police Department, officers found one person suffering from a gunshot wound in the area of Tulane and Nail late Friday evening.
The victim was taken to the Regional Medical Center for treatment. As of Monday, they are still recovering.
There have been no arrests yet.
“I was shaking for the rest of the night. I was just like, ‘what in the world?'” witness Mary Boone said. “I mean it was right next to my car. It was scary.”
Boone had stopped at a gas station at Tulane and Nail Road around 10 Friday night.
“I was about to get out of the car and I heard about six shots fired like right here right next to my car,” she said.
Boone said she and a friend ducked down and saw a dark gray Mustang speeding down the parking lot with another car chasing, and about six more shots fired.
“They were shooting at each other like they were having a shootout at each other,” she said.
- Dr. Fauci addresses coronavirus mutations, state of pandemic in first briefing of Biden administration
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Biden ordering stopgap relief as talks start on big stimulus plan
- Big second half carries Tigers to big win over Shockers
- Man steals $30,000 worth of wiring from Renasant Convention Center