HORN LAKE, Miss. — Mississippi police are searching for the person responsible for a recent shooting that sent one person to the hospital.
According to Lt. Det. Benjamin Swan with the Horn Lake Police Department, officers found one person suffering from a gunshot wound in the area of Tulane and Nail late Friday evening.
The victim was taken to the Regional Medical Center for treatment. As of Monday, they are still recovering.
There have been no arrests yet.
“I was shaking for the rest of the night. I was just like, ‘what in the world?'” witness Mary Boone said. “I mean it was right next to my car. It was scary.”
Boone had stopped at a gas station at Tulane and Nail Road around 10 Friday night.
“I was about to get out of the car and I heard about six shots fired like right here right next to my car,” she said.
Boone said she and a friend ducked down and saw a dark gray Mustang speeding down the parking lot with another car chasing, and about six more shots fired.
“They were shooting at each other like they were having a shootout at each other,” she said.
- ‘I kept thinking I was going to die’: Large alligator flips kayaks in Alabama lake
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- Memphis Police Director: Murders are up 50 percent compared to last year
- SCS students expected to return to class in January; parents must decide by end of the month
- As Senate weighs COVID-19 relief, AP reports White House tried to control CDC pandemic messaging