MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A 60-year-old woman was rushed to the hospital after being shot in the head overnight in the Medical District.
It happened at the Serentiy Recovery Centers in the 1000 block of Poplar Avenue around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
Police said the woman was arriving for work when a man forced her out of her vehicle, shot her and took her purple Chevrolet Spark. The car sustained damage to the front after the suspect rammed it through a gate when escaping.
The victim somehow made it inside the facility for help. She was transported to the Regional Medical Center in critical condition.
Directors of Serenity Recovery didn’t want to talk on camera, but told WREG’s Melissa Moon video of the incident was handed over to police. They said it appeared the suspect followed the woman through the gate on foot.
They also said the victim was a cook at the residential rehab facility and had only been on the job for a month.
A description of the man was not released. If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Man arrested in connection with West Helena shooting
- Grizzlies and Bucks go down to the wire and Milwaukee survives
- Man arrested after robbery, shooting in West Helena
- Oxford animal shelter won’t take new animals following police investigation
- Mom responsible for Tennessee Missing Children’s Day still looking for her daughter 20 years later