MEMPHIS, Tenn. — One person was killed and another injured following an early morning shooting in North Memphis.
Around 7 a.m. Tuesday, officers responded to a shots fired call in the 2200 block of Eldridge Avenue. One victim was located in front of a home with multiple gunshot wounds. That individual was rushed to the Regional Medical Center but is expected to be okay.
A second victim was located three houses down. That person had been shot multiple times and was deceased, authorities said.
Emotions were high Tuesday morning, but neighbors shared a little information about the victim with WREG’s Symone Woolridge. They said he never bothered anyone and may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Authorities aren’t strangers to the area. They said it is a known drug area and they’ve issued many warrants to neighbors.
On Sunday, there was another deadly shooting on the same block. No arrests were made in that case at last check.
No suspect information was released in the most recent deadly shooting. If you know anything about either incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- One dead, one wounded in Whitehaven Shooting
- Memphis business owner charged in Capitol riot has history of runs-in with law
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Memphis gas station clerk tries to lock thieves inside store
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach