MEMPHIS, Tenn. — One person had to be airlifted to the hospital after an accident in southwest Memphis.
The accident happened early Monday morning on Rivergate Drive near Riverport Road.
According to initial reports, the accident involved a semi-truck that appears to have gone off the road. One person was seriously injured after being ejected from the tractor-trailer and had to be flown to the hospital by helicopter.
First responders blocked off the roadway during the emergency response.
- 3 people shot, including a child who’s in critical condition on Monday night
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- MPD escorts homeless from abandoned vehicle inspection ahead of demolition
- Time running out to register to vote in TN, AR, MS
- Woman crushed to death by heavy machinery on California beach