CROSS CO., Ark. — The Cross County Sheriff’s Office says one person has been arrested after human remains were found along Highway 1 in Wynne, Arkansas.
Sheriff David West says the sheriff’s office and the Arkansas State Police were reportedly executing a search warrant involving a missing person at 626 Highway 1 S. They discovered what is believed to be human remains during the search.
The remains have been sent to Arkansas Crime Lab for examination and identification.
West says one person has been arrested, but charges are still pending. The sheriff’s office did not release the name of the suspect.
- “Everything was on fire,” witnesses describe moments after Alabama plane crash
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Senate votes to advance Amy Coney Barrett; confirmation expected Monday