Officials: First responders called to Baptist Desoto after patient tries to set fire in room

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SOUTHAVEN, Miss. — First responders in Southaven were called to Baptist Hospital-Desoto Monday morning after the smoke alarm went off inside the hospital.

The investigation is ongoing, but a spokesperson for the hospital told WREG it’s believed that a patient tried to set a couch in his/her room on fire. The material of the furniture prevented it from catching on fire, but it did smolder, resulting in the sprinkler system being activated.

No one was  injured.

 

Popular

Latest News

More News