MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Memphis Police say an off-duty Memphis Police officer and one other person were injured in a Hickory Hill shooting early Sunday morning.
Police say the shooting happened on Timber Rise Road near Cross Timber Lane. Officers responded to the scene at around 1:19 a.m.
According to police, the off-duty officer and another man fired shots after an argument at a house party turned physical. One person was struck. Police say that victim is currently in non-critical condition.
Police say the off-duty officer was also injured, but they did not say if he had been shot. The officer was taken to the hospital in non-critical condition.
People who live in the community told WREG-TV the area is very quiet but over the last seven months, a family moved into the area throwing wild parties which caused people who live in the area to feel uneasy.
“You can’t believe it happened this close to home. We all have to get along,” Kevin Johnson, a resident, said.
At this time, no one has been arrested for this shooting. Memphis Police say the investigation is ongoing.
- Several women robbed at Bartlett businesses in less than a week
- One person wounded after neighbors hear up to 100 gunshots on Whitehaven Street
- Georgia certifies Democrats Warnock and Ossoff’s Senate wins
- Short-handed Florida stuns No. 6 Tennessee 75-49
- Wall Street’s momentum swings back as stocks, yields tick up