COLUMBIA, South Carolina (AP) — Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley says her sister-in-law has died after contracting the coronavirus.
Haley tweeted Tuesday evening that Rhonda Lee Nelson, sister of her husband Michael, “passed the day before Thanksgiving of Covid.”
An online obituary says Nelson was 53 years old, lived in West Milton, Ohio, and died November 25.
She was remembered as a singer and piano musician who “ministered to many inside and outside of the church.”
Haley provided no further details on Nelson’s death.
Nelson is one of 7,103 people who have died of coronavirus in Ohio.
- Memphis man seeks exoneration after spending nearly 7 years in prison, having conviction overturned
- Career night from Tyus Jones leads Grizzlies to big win over Clippers
- Costco to raise hourly minimum wage to $16, end hazard pay
- Memphis councilman calls on Haushalter to resign from health department
- County’s timeline on vaccine stockpile doesn’t add up