MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two people were killed and two others injured following a shooting near the airport, police said.
It happened at the River City Heights Town Homes just off Winchester Road near Prescott around 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
Witnesses said they heard up to 30 gunshots from different weapons and even spotted two people jump out of the second floor window. They continued shooting through the complex.
“It’s crazy,” said one neighbor who found blood on her car hours after the shooting. “We’re right next door and I’ve got kids, so it was crazy.”
A witness who was trying to see where the bullets were coming from said he looked out the window said he saw two men with orange hoodies jump from a second-floor window and run.
When police arrived they found two people dead and two others wounded.
Homicide detectives and crime scene investigators were on the scene for hours trying to figure out what happened.
Authorities have not identified the people killed.
No arrests have been made. If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Alabama man finds drugs in car bought from government auction in Tennessee
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- ‘Saved by the Bell’ star Dustin Diamond diagnosed with cancer
- Dr. Maya Angelou honored with a Barbie doll