MISSISSIPPI — House Speaker Philip Gunn said he has tested positive for the coronavirus.
Gunn said in a video posted Sunday to Facebook that he got tested because he had been in close proximity to another member of the house who tested positive.
Gunn, a Republican from the Jackson suburb of Clinton, is the state’s highest-ranking political figure to publicly disclose a positive test for the virus.
- Family evacuated from China contracts COVID-19 in Shelby County
- Memphis Police officer involved in hit and run, suspect taken into custody
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Former Briarcrest star Kennedy Chandler Picks Vols over Tigers and others
- Police: Shooting victim shows up at Memphis hospital, police search for crime scene