JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – During a news conference on Tuesday, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said there were 31 COVID-19 outbreaks at Mississippi schools during the week of August 17-21.
According to Dobbs, 142 teachers tested positive for the virus, and 292 students tested positive for COVID-91.
Dobbs also said 584 teachers and 3,913 students have been quarantined.
If the live stream does not work, click here to watch the governor’s news conference.
- Atlanta Braves remember Hank Aaron
- Warrants issued for Millington man accused of firing shots at woman, five-year-old boy
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Welcome to Rocky Top’ UT Chancellor Donde Plowman welcomes Danny White to Knoxville
- Walmart expanding COVID-19 vaccine roll out to more states