JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – During a news conference on Tuesday, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said there were 31 COVID-19 outbreaks at Mississippi schools during the week of August 17-21.
According to Dobbs, 142 teachers tested positive for the virus, and 292 students tested positive for COVID-91.
Dobbs also said 584 teachers and 3,913 students have been quarantined.
If the live stream does not work, click here to watch the governor’s news conference.
- Sheriff: Camper missing since Tuesday dies, wife rescued in Death Valley National Park
- ‘I’ll walk if you walk’: Story behind Prince Philip walking with Harry, William at Princess Diana’s funeral
- GOP congressional delegations surge upon South Texas border again, demand Biden administration fix migrant ‘crisis’
- Pedaling for a purpose: Group of friends takes 800-mile bike ride for a good cause
- Pfizer, BioNTech ask FDA to approve use of vaccine in children ages 12 to 15