JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – After the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reported 1,322 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, Governor Tate Reeves released a statement on social media about the increase in cases.
Important to remember that COVID-19 is not gone! We’ve seen numbers increase over the past few weeks. Please stay watchful and protect yourself. We want to be cautious and limited in using executive action—we’re counting on the people of Mississippi to be wise and careful!Gov. Tate Reeves, R-Miss.
On September 30, 2020, the statewide mask mandate expired.
- Arkansas reports first flu death of the season
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia continue after officer-involved shooting
- Driver crashes into pole after shooting in North Memphis
- US can’t replace Pres. Trump in columnist’s defamation lawsuit, federal judge rules