LOS ANGELES — Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch in California has found a new owner in billionaire businessman Ron Burkle.
Burkle’s spokesman said in an email Thursday that Burkle bought the 2,700-acre property near Santa Barbara and views it as a land banking opportunity.
The Wall Street Journal reports the property was sold for $22 million to Burkle, an associate of the late pop star and co-founder of the investment firm Yucaipa Companies.
In addition to a 12,500 square-foot main residence and a 3,700 square-foot pool house, the property boasts a 50-seat movie theater and a dance studio.
- 1 in 3 nonprofits in danger of closing due to pandemic
- Adopted twins separated at birth find each other living just 6 blocks apart
- Michigan mother tosses baby to neighbor from roof to escape fire
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment
- Memphis Urban League taking applications from restaurant/hotel workers for financial relief