MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Just in time for the holidays, the Memphis Zoo announced the arrival of a baby giraffe to the herd.
Ja Raffe – affectionately named after NBA Rookie of the Year and Memphis Grizzlies player Ja Morant – was born on November 10 to Niklas and Angela Kate.
His birth brings the herd to seven giraffes total.
Visitors to the zoo will be able to see him in his exhibit along with big sister Ally who is now 18 months old.
- ‘Don’t be afraid to help somebody’: MLGW worker uses TV show training to save man hurt in accident
- Bear spends an hour trapped inside car with a case of beer
- Navy and FBI giving U.S. House committee classified UFO briefing today
- Jada Pinkett Smith reveals original handwritten Tupac poem on his 50th birthday
- Vols baseball’s biggest little fan shares excitement as he heads to Omaha