MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Just in time for the holidays, the Memphis Zoo announced the arrival of a baby giraffe to the herd.
Ja Raffe – affectionately named after NBA Rookie of the Year and Memphis Grizzlies player Ja Morant – was born on November 10 to Niklas and Angela Kate.
His birth brings the herd to seven giraffes total.
Visitors to the zoo will be able to see him in his exhibit along with big sister Ally who is now 18 months old.
- Arkansas man accused of shooting and killing his uncle
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Cowboys assistant Markus Paul dies day after medical event
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota
- Arkansas teen gets over 200 license plates after grandmother’s Facebook post goes viral