This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A store clerk is charged with sending sexually explicit texts to a mentally disabled 14-year-old boy.

Sulaiman Omaisan is charged with solicitation of a minor but is back on the streets after bonding out of jail.

The child’s mother spoke to WREG on Wednesday and said she is worried for the safety of other kids in the neighborhood as well as her 14-year-old son’s safety and privacy.

She said Omaisan, a clerk at the S-Mart convenience store in Southwest Memphis, made sexual advances on her son.

Police said Omaisan wrote his phone number on the back of a receipt and gave it to the boy. The boy then came home and showed his mother. That is when police said the mom texted Omaisan pretending to be her son.

“He asked how old I was,” she told us. “I told him 14, because that’s how old my son is.”

The woman said he texted that he wanted to pick the boy up that night and sent a picture of his genitals to the teen.

To make matters even worse, the woman said her son is mentally handicapped.

“He was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 9 years old, and since then he’s also been diagnosed with intellectual disabilities.”

The woman said this happened last month. She flagged down a police officer and filed a report.

Porsha Holmes, an S-Mart customer, said, “I don’t think he’s like that, because I’ve never seen him approach anybody.”

Omaisan was just arrested Monday.

Police told WREG it is a complicated case and evidence had to be gathered, which is why it took a month to put him behind bars.

He did not stay there long. He is already out, something that has his alleged victim’s mother very worried.

“If he’s going to be in that neighborhood, he might just do it again,” she said.

One S-Mart customer, Ferando Parker, added, “It makes me feel kind of upset to let my kids shop here! I’ve got to watch everybody!”

WREG reached out to both Omaisan and his attorney, but neither returned our calls.

Police said they have not located any other victims, but said they always believe there could be more in cases like this.