MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two men are recovering after being shot inside of the Southland Mall.
MPD said they responded to a shots fire call around 4:49 p.m. Officers located two people who were struck but are listed in non-critical condition, according to MPD.
Southland Mall closed its doors early on Saturday afternoon due to the shooting. One witness, Emory Hammonds said he was inside a barbershop located in the mall when he heard gunshots.
“I wanted to shut the door to the barbershop but it’s kind of like too late,” Hammonds said. “You can just tell something is getting ready to happen too quick, too fast.”
Hammonds said one of the victims is his friend who was shot in the arm.
“Yea, I talked to him. He’s ok,” Hammonds said. “I saw the guy kind of backing up and it was too many people. I just figured I was going to hear gunshots and I did.”
The suspect is described as a black male with twists in his hair. He wore dark clothing and black/white Jordan tennis shoes. No arrests have been made.
This is a developing story.
- Senate votes to advance Amy Coney Barrett; confirmation expected Monday
- Police: Woman found shot to death at Whitehaven Motel 6
- Memphis Police investigating shooting in South Memphis
- The Latest: Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Instructor, student pilot died in Magnolia Springs plane crash; both Identified