MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police are investigating a shooting that happened near Orange Mound on Wednesday afternoon.
MPD said they are on the scene of a shooting in the 3100 block of Barron Avenue. They said when they arrived to the scene, officers located two people who were shot, and one of the shooting victims was pronounced dead on the scene.
MPD said the other shooting victim was transported to Regional One Hospital in critical condition.
A family member identified the man who died as Calvin Rucker.
- Biden rescinds Trump’s emergency declaration on border security, halts border wall construction
- One man in critical condition after being shot on Jackson Ave
- National Civil Rights Museum discusses historical significance of Vice-President Harris
- Jordan Nesbitt is a ‘maybe’ to play this year for the Tigers
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer