MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police are investigating a shooting that happened near Orange Mound on Wednesday afternoon.
MPD said they are on the scene of a shooting in the 3100 block of Barron Avenue. They said when they arrived to the scene, officers located two people who were shot, and one of the shooting victims was pronounced dead on the scene.
MPD said the other shooting victim was transported to Regional One Hospital in critical condition.
A family member identified the man who died as Calvin Rucker.
- Police: Woman found shot to death at Whitehaven Motel 6
- Memphis Police investigating shooting in South Memphis
- The Latest: Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Instructor, student pilot died in Magnolia Springs plane crash; Identified
- Titans activate Cruikshank, Adoree’ Jackson won’t play Sunday