This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — More Memphis music legends were inducted Wednesday into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame.
2019 inductees were:
- West Tennessee native and vocal star Tina Turner, whose Broadway show “Tina: The Tina Turner Musical” just opened in New York
- Steve Cropper, legendary Stax records guitarist and songwriter
- Charlie Musselwhite, blues harmonica player and Grammy winner
- Dee Dee Bridgewater, jazz singer and Grammy and Tony award winner
- The Memphis Boys, session band at American Studios
- Dan Penn, songwriter for Janice Joplin, Conway Twitty, Percy Sledge and the Box Tops
- Don Bryant, who write more than 150 singles for Hi Records
- Florence Cole Talbert McCleave, operatic soprano.