MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Memphis man was indicted on charges following a deadly shooting in Frayser earlier this year.
According to the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office, Anterious Miles and Cartiere Johnson were standing outside a store in the 2800 block of St. Elmo in March when Miles grabbed Johnson’s gun and shot him several times.
The 24-year-old victim was taken to the Regional Medical Center where he later died.
Miles was on the run for two weeks before he was taken into custody on first-degree murder and robbery charges in Forrest City, Arkansas.
- When it comes to your ballot, will the post office deliver? We put it to the test
- Health officials: Rural counties contributing to Shelby County’s COVID hospitalizations
- Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves expands mask mandate and calls out DeSoto County for poor safety
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized