MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A local man was charged with statutory rape after he allegedly had sex with a teen girl.
Officers received a complaint against Jerry Quezada, 20, earlier this month after the girl’s father came forward. The victim then told police they had sex on two occasions.
Quezada surrendered on Tuesday. He told police he knew the girl was underage, but “he didn’t believe her because she looked older.”
- When it comes to your ballot, will the post office deliver? We put it to the test
- Health officials: Rural counties contributing to Shelby County’s COVID hospitalizations
- Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves expands mask mandate and calls out DeSoto County for poor safety
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized