MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Memphis man was arrested in connection to a deadly gas station shooting last week.
Trevell Shipp was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and especially aggravated robbery after Christopher Jones was shot to death at the Mapco gas station on Whitten Road on September 18.
Surveillance video from the store showed a man enter the store armed with a gun. The suspect threw a backpack at Jones and demanded he “fill it up.” There was an exchange of gunfire between the two men and Jones was fatally shot in the chest.
According to police, the backpack contained two work ID’s and a Tennessee paper ID belonging to Shipp. He was questioned on September 22 and reportedly gave a recorded confession saying he went to the store intending to rob it.
- When it comes to your ballot, will the post office deliver? We put it to the test
- Health officials: Rural counties contributing to Shelby County’s COVID hospitalizations
- Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves expands mask mandate and calls out DeSoto County for poor safety
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized