Medical District rooming house catches fire overnight

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Some scary moments overnight for tenants at a rooming house in the Medical District overnight.

A fire broke out on the second floor of a building on North Claybrook Street just north of Madison Street around 1 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Firefighters said it started when a resident fell asleep with food on the stove. By the time firefighters arrived, there was heavy smoke in the building.

Luckily, no one was hurt and the damage was mostly contained to the one unit.

Latest News

More News