Massive fire destroys southwest Memphis home overnight

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A massive fire in southwest Memphis destroyed a home overnight and put firefighters in danger.

The blaze started around 2:45 a.m. Friday morning at a home in the 400 block of Hewlett Road.

Flames could be seen coming from the home when firefighters first arrived and they soon learned it was too dangerous to go inside. They were told to get out and fight the fire from the outside.

It took more than an hour to bring the flames under control.

Thankfully, no one appears to have been injured.

It appears the fire started as a result of fire left on the stove.

Latest News

More News