MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man is recovering after he was shot in an attempted robbery in Parkway Village.
Police said the man was shot just before 5 a.m. Friday at the back of the Ivy Chase apartment complex off Mendenhall.
He told officers he was standing outside of his car when two men came up to him and demanded money. When he told the men he didn’t have any, one shot him in the leg, then took off.
Police say that victim is going to be OK. City data shows most assaults in the nearby area were domestic-violence related and the thefts were shoplifting related.
If you know anything, call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH.
- Family evacuated from China contracts COVID-19 in Shelby County
- Memphis Police officer involved in hit and run, suspect taken into custody
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Former Briarcrest star Kennedy Chandler Picks Vols over Tigers and others
- Police: Shooting victim shows up at Memphis hospital, police search for crime scene