MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man is dead after a shooting in a Parkway Village neighborhood, Memphis Police said Wednesday morning.
Officers responded to the 3100 block of Ashwood on Wednesday morning. They found one male victim shot inside a residence. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating. They did not announce any suspects or arrests.
But it’s unclear if this shooting is related to the victim’s death. This homicide comes after Memphis broke the record of homicides in the city a few weeks ago with more than 230 so far this year.
Essica Cage, the Memphis Police Association President, said this year has been tough on officers given the uptick in homcides.
“Officers are responding to these calls they’re still dealing with everything else going on- the interstate shootings, traffic fatalities. It’s been a really difficult year,” Cage said.
MPD said this shooting incident is still under investigation.
- Bear spends an hour trapped inside car with a case of beer
- Navy and FBI giving U.S. House committee classified UFO briefing today
- Jada Pinkett Smith reveals original handwritten Tupac poem on his 50th birthday
- Vols baseball’s biggest little fan shares excitement as he heads to Omaha
- World’s Strongest Man competition heats up in California’s triple-digit temperatures