MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man is dead after a shooting in a Parkway Village neighborhood, Memphis Police said Wednesday morning.
Officers responded to the 3100 block of Ashwood on Wednesday morning. They found one male victim shot inside a residence. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating. They did not announce any suspects or arrests.
But it’s unclear if this shooting is related to the victim’s death. This homicide comes after Memphis broke the record of homicides in the city a few weeks ago with more than 230 so far this year.
Essica Cage, the Memphis Police Association President, said this year has been tough on officers given the uptick in homcides.
“Officers are responding to these calls they’re still dealing with everything else going on- the interstate shootings, traffic fatalities. It’s been a really difficult year,” Cage said.
MPD said this shooting incident is still under investigation.
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Welcome to Rocky Top’ UT Chancellor Donde Plowman welcomes Danny White to Knoxville
- Walmart expanding COVID-19 vaccine roll out to more states
- Pandemic makes teacher shortages even worse
- One person dead after South Memphis car accident