MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police say a man was found shot to death near a church in South Memphis Sunday morning.
Police responded to a shooting call at Gill Avenue and Pillow Street, near St. Peter Missionary Baptist Church, at just before 12:30 AM.
Memphis Police say officers found a man who had been shot. He was pronounced dead on the scene. MPD identified the victim as 50-year-old Markel Alexander.
Police say no suspect information is available at this time.
People in the community say they are tired of the senseless violence.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH.
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.
- Staff finds meth in Louisiana motel room disguised in Arizona tea cans
- Tide stays perfect in the SEC with win over Mississippi State
- Could Grizzlies’ Morant play in this summer’s Tokyo Olympics?