MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man was found shot to death Friday inside a vehicle in Frayser.
Police were on the scene at a gas station at 2864 Thomas around 2:15 p.m. They said the victim was pronounced dead at the scene inside a vehicle.
The suspect was in a small gray Mazda last seen driving south on Thomas, police said.
Friends and family gathered quickly after the shooting. There was a line of cars parked on the side of the road by the gas station. Police haven’t identified the victim but people WREG talked with said he was 18 or 19-years-old.
Stevie Moore runs an anti-gun violence organization called Freedom From Unnecessary Negatives. He believes this crime could have been prevented.
“So, all those people out there and you don’t think nobody knew nothing? And they knew him. You say they knew him. Well, they knew there was a problem going on,” Moore said, “And you if you were to listen carefully you would have heard somebody say I told them, I knew it was happening.”
Moore recently created an anonymous tip line for people to call and report suspicious activity. Moore can then relay the information to police.
That tip line number is 901-417-7361. The line is also designed to help police solve crimes.
You can always call the Memphis Police Crime Stoppers line at 901-528-CASH.
- SCS updates school dress code for virtual learners
- Dolly Parton releasing first Christmas album in 30 years
- 15-year-old boy is carving wooden flags to support ‘forgotten heroes,’ like veterans and first responders, during the pandemic
- Thousands sign petition to remove ‘White Pride’ billboard along Arkansas highway
- Biden says campaign raised $26 million in one day since Harris joined the ticket