CORDOVA, Tenn. — The son of a Memphis firefighter was found gunned down in Cordova early Monday morning.
Police were called to the Exxon gas station on Germantown Parkway near Trinity Road just after midnight following a reported shooting.
Employees said the driver of a truck was parked in the front of the convenience store when he was shot. He was able to drive away, but crashed in the parking lot of a bank across the street.
People in the area say the are in complete disbelief.
“Man, that’s horrible,” one man said about the incident.
“I don’t know what to think. I’m just waking up and going to work . I’m not sure,” another man said.
The Memphis Fire Department initially said the victim was a firefighter. However, they later corrected that saying the victim was the son of a Memphis firefighter. At this time, the victim’s name has not been released.
Police have been looking at surveillance video, but they have not commented on what led of to the shooting.
This shooting follows at least a dozens shootings that took place across the city over the weekend starting from late Friday night into the wee hours in the morning on Monday.
Officers have several people in custody but so far no charges have been filed.
If you know anything, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia continue after officer-involved shooting
- Driver crashes into pole after shooting in North Memphis
- US can’t replace Pres. Trump in columnist’s defamation lawsuit, federal judge rules
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta becomes hurricane again in the Gulf of Mexico