MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis police are investigating a murder mystery. Detectives say a man was shot to death in the middle of a residential road in Raleigh but they don’t know who he is or what happened.
It’s an unfamiliar sight for residents like Ollie Jones.
“I’ve been living here about 43 years,” he said. “I would say a plain area. There’s not kind of shooting or nothing around here.”
This quiet community’s sense of safety was shattered overnight when gunfire started along Warford and Peggy.
“That’s right, I stay sheltered all the time. I don’t be fooling around.”
“That’s all we can do, just try to live in peace, and all this foolishness and stuff, just let it go.”
Officers have not been able to identify the man and say they are still working to learn what happened.
If you know anything, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Midtown haunted house opens with health rules in place
- Memphis lawmaker seeks to ban no-knock warrants statewide
- Shelby County Election Commission tests new smartphone program to help voters avoid long lines
- Woman shot in Whitehaven; two suspects on the run
- Shelby County Sheriff calls use of new ‘e-shields’ a ‘regrettable mistake’