MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man was gunned down inside his apartment in the Exchange Building early Wednesday morning.
WREG’s Melissa Moon was told investigators were called to the North Second Street building around 3 a.m. Wednesday after a man was shot upon returning home from work at a market across the street.
The incident reportedly happened in one of the rooms of the fifth floor.
The victim was rushed to the Regional Medical Center where he later died.
There’s no word yet on what may have led to the shooting. Police said they have two people detained, including the victim’s girlfriend who was in the apartment with their baby when the shooting happened.
It appears that they are looking for a suspect who was seen going into the building hours before the shooting. That same subject was seen leaving just after the shooting.
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- Help available for qualified residents who can’t pay rent, MLGW bills because of COVID-19
- EXPLAINER: What’s known about J&J’s vaccine and rare clots
- Sheriff: Worker found dead at business in Tipton County
- What’s the ‘best state’? Poll ranks U.S. states from best to worst